Today I made the Orla dress from French Navy (free pattern! And a pretty awesome pattern actually!). I had my husband take some photos while we were walking the doggoes. Only 2 years ago we lived in central Copenhagen, it is crazy that we now live here in the countryside (good crazy that is).
I made a muslin, and based on this I made the following alterations:
- Used size M based on my measurement
- Moved the front darts more towards center
- Added length mid front + width (both around 1,5 cm/ 0.6″) due to my larger bust
- Added 10 cm/ 4″ in length in the skirt
- In the back I added two small darts on the back neck opening, as it was gaping
- Made swayback adjustment, removing fabric from both bodice and skirt (around 3 cm/ 1.2″ in all)
- I omitted the zipper center back, as I can just get it one without a zipper. If I would have kept it, I would have moved it to the side seam, as I prefer zippers here
- Added side seam pockets
I added the pockets too low, and maybe I will move the up a bit; I have changed this on the pattern for next time (always a good sign when the next version is planned already).
I love (LOVE!) rayon/ viskose. It is so soft and lightweight, with beautiful drape. It does not cling – it is perfect for hot days. Compared to my muslin in cotton this is just so much more floaty. Today I have to be outside in the heat (30 C/86 F, no clouds at all) all day, as the town festival is today – so I am very happy with this dress.
Yes I am wearing socks and sneakers hehe! Walking the dogs as I said. I took this inside where you can see the details better (the color is off though, it is very bright red like in the above photos).